Hamilton Theatre Inc. Studio • 140 MacNab Street North
Hamilton ON L8R 2M3 • Canada
1. How can I become involved in Hamilton Theatre Inc.?
Just give us a call at 905-522-1715, or email us at the address found at the bottom of this page.
2. When is the next audition?
Auditions are set by the producer of a show, usually approximately three months before the show opens. They are posted on the website directly in the Audition section.
3. Should I write asking about audition dates if there are no audition notices
4. Can I be put on a e-mail mailing list for auditions?
Yes! On November 15, 2001, a feature was added to the Auditions page allowing people to add themselves to the Audition Mailing List.
5. I would like to take courses in theatre. Can I take courses with Hamilton
We do not offer courses. Sorry.
6. Do you know any other groups or companies that give theatre courses?
Several other theatre companies in the area do offer some courses. Theatre Aquarius offers a summer program, and other companies, such as Dreamlight's Studio GLEE, Jude Johnson's MAD Creative Arts School, the Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts, and The Creative Theatre Co. have programs throughout the year. Also, sometimes The City of Hamilton runs theatre day camps and classes. Theatre courses are also offered at both Mohawk College and McMaster University. Out of town, Second City offers courses, as does Kitchener's Theatre & Co. HTI is in no way related to any of these companies and does not expressly endorse any of their programs. We only list these possibilities as a public service.
7. What shows are playing in Hamilton and Toronto?
Our shows can be found in the OUR SHOWS section. We do not keep track of other theatre company events. WhatsUp.CA and Stage-Door.org are two good places to look for this information. Check our LINKS for other companies and theatre services. (Note: Movies in the Hamilton area can be found at the Tribute.ca website.)
8. I have a project at school I'd like help with. Can you send me everything
about a certain show, performer, composer, etc.?
Sorry, no. (Note: Students asking us to do their homework is a good portion of our email.)
9. Where can I apply for a job at Hamilton Theatre Inc.?
Hamilton Theatre Inc. is a volunteer organization. If you'd like to volunteer, that's great! Give us a call.
10. Where can I submit plays to Hamilton Theatre Inc.?
First, Hamilton Theatre Inc. produces musicals, so if it's not a musical, we cannot consider it. If it is a musical, please mail it to Hamilton Theatre Inc., 140 MacNab Street North, HAMILTON, ON, L8R 2M3, Canada, Attention: Play Selection Committee, along with royalties information and other pertinent information.
11. I want to buy tickets to a play at Hamilton Place or some other theatre,
or I would like to know what movies are playing this Friday night.
Sorry, you are on the wrong site.
12. My question has not been answered by the above FAQ list. What is HTI's email
address to ask questions specifically about HTI.?
Write us at email@example.com.